Customer Service Representative - 12 Month Co-op/Internship (Summer 2020)
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It's more than a great career. It's a bright future.
We're hiring a team of Future Talent superstars - people like you! - to join our Customer Service Centre, Claims team . In this role, you'll get hands-on industry experience from experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team's work and vision.
As a Customer Service Representative Co-op/Intern , based out of our Toronto Customer Service Centre, you will deliver exceptional service to our customers and help them get back on track. We are currently seeking summer students to work full-time (35 hours/per week) from May to August 2020 AND who can be available to work part-time (21 hours/per week) during the academic year from September 2020 to April 2021.
Here are a few ways you'll make a difference:
- Be a knowledge leader on our policies, products, services, and initiatives
- Ensure that daily call centre metrics are met while taking a high volume of inbound calls
- Provide quality customer service, maintaining low hold times, and documenting files in a clear and concise manner
- Perform other ad hoc duties or projects as assigned by your manager
You will also have the chance to:
- Visualize a career in insurance as you discover more about our exciting, evolving industry
- Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
- Expand your skills through collaboration with and training from our experts
- Collaborate with colleagues on developmental projects and share your knowledge
These are the requirements to apply:
- Must be returning to school following the internship in Fall 2020 and available to work part-time (20 hours/per week) during the academic year from September 2020 to April 2021
- Currently pursuing a College Diploma or University Degree with expected graduation date in 2021
- Preference for candidates pursuing their CIP designation
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up appropriately to take issues to resolution
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team-oriented environment and quickly learn and apply new information
- Strong computer/technical skills required
- Must be flexible to work during our business hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, and Statutory holidays
- Three (3) weeks of mandatory training will be provided.
Your career starts here. Apply today!
We can't wait to learn more about you. When you complete your application, remember to include your resume and University/College transcript.
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S.
We have many brands that are a part of the Intact family. In Canada, Intact Insurance and Brokerlink distribute insurance through a wide network of brokers, while belairdirect delivers products direct-to-consumer. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group provides specialty insurance to industries who have unique insurance needs (think entertainment, tech, marine & agriculture). Exciting recent acquisitions include: The Guarantee Company of North America, Frank Cowan Company, and On Side Restoration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that you'll be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on February 7, 2020 at 11:59pm.