At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in.
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
We are currently looking for a Contract Administration Manager , which would play an important role in our growth.
WORKPLACE : Montreal (2020 Robert-Bourassa Blvd)
THE ROLE: As a Technician, Contract Administration & Governance; you are at the heart of the Procurement team supporting Third Party Contract Administration and Compliance and risk mitigation though established corporate governance.
Act as the company's single point of contact for internal teams prior to their engaging with Third Party Vendors for the procurement of goods and or services. You ensure that the right mix of corporate resources is assigned to support the business need while mitigating any associated risks for the company.
Here are your primary responsibilities:
- Employ a risk-based approach to determine the applicable security and legal requirements applicable to each relationship with a Third Party Vendor and perform assignment of various corporate resources (Procurement, Corporate Legal, Information Security, Risk, etc.) to support Third Party Vendor contracting activities in accordance with established corporate governance;
- Monitor contract lifecycle (perpetual, fixed, auto-renew) in accordance with established corporate governance and appropriate support from cross-functional experts, business partners, and Procurement;
- Evaluate appropriate contractual hierarchy framework, drafting of minor amendments and pre-approved legal templates and contract administration throughout the contract lifecycle;
- Identify and raise contract and Third Party Vendor risks while supporting business requirements and improving shareholder value;
- Nurture cross-functional relationships and networks with suppliers, business partners, peers and leaders across multiple functions, divisions and geographic locations;
- Support the implementation of all procurement continuous improvement projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, finance, professional designation such as CPP considered an asset, or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of strategic sourcing principles and P2P processes along with the ability to apply this knowledge to execute projects and optimize strategies.
- Strong project management and communication skills.
- Strong excel and analytical skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail.
Innate skills we're looking for are:
- You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest contracting practices around privacy and data protection and market trends.
- Influencer: you have a personable, effective and confident manner with the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Strategic Thinker: Not afraid to challenge the status-quo with a balance of assertiveness, tact, business acumen and diplomacy.
- Fast learner: You thrive in a customer centric, dynamic, ever-evolving environment.
- Influencer: Converting strategy into action, you have a personable, effective and confident manner with the ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Versatility. In addition to having an intimate knowledge of contractual framework, you have a broad understanding of use of technology from an operational perspective.
- Passion. You have an entrepreneurial spirit that builds credibility and repeat business for Procurement.
- A team player. You believe that together everyone achieves more, - that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Design and business acumen. You understand business requirements beyond the written word and how your technical contributions will influence business processes. The other members of the team can depend on the quality of your work to rapidly advance our goals.
Here are a few reasons why others have joined our team
- An award-winning, inspiring workplace that supports its people and recognizes great work (Canada's Top 100 Employers, Aon Platinum Best Employers, LinkedIn Top Company, Glassdoor Best Place to Work & Top CEO, Indeed Top-Rated Workplaces)
- Stimulating, challenging projects and development opportunities to help you grow your skills and career
- Flexibility in how and where you work
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A casual 'dress for your day' culture that encourages you to be yourself
- A $350 annual wellness account that promotes an active lifestyle.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.