Commercial Lines Underwriting - 4 Month Co-op/Internship (Summer 2020)
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create a safe, flexible and inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in. And, it's why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
What exactly IS Commercial Lines?
Commercial Lines is a major part of our operation that provides insurance solutions to businesses small and large in our communities so they can prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We provide these insurance products - like property, casualty and automobile coverage - through our network of Brokers across the country. Your experience with us will be very special indeed. When you come onboard, you'll get to immerse yourself in our employee experience and become a valued, contributing member of the team. In addition to solid, meaningful work experience, you will:
- Be mentored by industry leaders and experts
- Learn about our day-to-day business operations in Commercial Lines Underwriting
- Provide support to our Underwriting teams in a variety of capacities including but not limited to updating policiesork, or by collaborating on work
- Meet many new, inspiring people - whether at Intact social events, by joining an employee netw
We're proud to offer an award-winning workplace. Here's what you can expect working with us:
- A fun, inclusive workplace that will challenge and inspire you
- Opportunities to grow your career, learn new skills and do meaningful work
- Flexibility - because we know you have a life beyond our walls
- Social events to hangout with the team, meet new people and celebrate successes
- An environment that supports its people and recognizes great work
You may be a good fit for this opportunity if:
- You are a skilled communicator who can adapt your approach to your audience
- You have a creative approach to problem-solving and are a solutions-seeker
- You care about people and are a natural at building and nurturing relationships (a key part of working in insurance!)
- You have exemplary analytical skills
- You are an enthusiastic learner who thrives within a team or independently
- Must be available to work full time from May to August 2020
- Must be returning to school following the co-op/internship in Fall 2020
- You are expecting to graduate by Spring of 2021
- You have a strong interest and would like to join our Commercial Lines New Grad Underwriter Development Program in June 2021
- Passion for making a difference
Location: This position is available at 5 of our offices accross Ontario; Downtown Toronto, Mississauga, Durham (Ajax), London and Ottawa.
The next steps:
We're accepting applications now through February 7, 2020 at 11:59pm. All submissions will be reviewed during this time, as well as after the posting closes.
If you meet the requirements of the role, you can expect:
- A Video Interview - You'll receive an email with full details and a link to complete it.
- An Assessment - This will create a talent profile for you so the hiring manager can assess your key strengths alongside the needs of the role.
- An Interview Phase - If selected to move forward, you'll get to meet the hiring team and current class members, discuss the role, and - most importantly - tell us about you!
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S.
We have many brands that are a part of the Intact family. In Canada, Intact Insurance and Brokerlink distribute insurance through a wide network of brokers, while belairdirect delivers products direct-to-consumer. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group handles our specialty insurance line of business.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that you'll be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.