Claims Manager, Auto
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
We're here to help people, businesses and society proper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We're focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it's about people.
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses, so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
This is your opportunity.
As a Claims Manager in the Claims Service Centre, you will manage the day-to-day operations of the Auto Physical Damage Claims Units to achieve essential business goals and meet customer service expectations.
- Proactively manage workflow and resources of our Claims Service Centre to achieve regional goals and exceed customer expectations. Handle escalated client and broker calls when necessary.
- Participate in the development and implementation of business plans and manage day-to-day operations to achieve key business goals
- Assist the Director to develop policies, strategies, budgets, and long term and short-term plans to facilitate ongoing work, process improvement, customer relations and other functions
- Monitor financial performance and productivity and report monthly to appropriate stakeholders on progress towards specific goals and objectives
- Develop, recommend, and implement strategies for loss containment; increased salvage and subrogation returns to improve region's loss ratios; and process & technology improvements
- Provide effective leadership by motivating staff, coaching and mentoring their teams, performance management, continuous learning and career development for managers and other staff. Also responsible for hiring and executing on performance management plans.
- Act in a consultative and advisory capacity on claim matters such as: policy interpretation and settlement negotiation to help resolve claims related issues.
- Maintain a respectful and productive business relationship with vendors, service providers, other COEs and internal client groups
- College diploma or university degree preferred
- Completed or are working toward a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
- A minimum of two years in a management function
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of staff, internal and external customers.
- Experience in coaching and developing staff
- Proficiency in a variety of PC software
- Proven leadership skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example through Intact's Leadership Success Factors
- Positive attitude while adapting to changing priorities and taking ownership of work
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated knowledge of Auto Physical Damage line of business
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 22, 2019, at 11:59pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.