Business Analyst, Corporate Specialty Solutions
It's about people.
We're here to help people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We're focused on what matters to our customers. We listen and connect. We make their problems our problems. We strive to understand what they're going through. We build products with them in mind and offer solutions that help. And we deliver on our promises. We believe that insurance is not about things, it's about people. A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
This is your opportunity.
As an Business Analyst you will play an integral part national Corporate Specialty Solutions Product & Process Excellence team , which supports the systems and process for all Specialty Solutions lines of business. You will assist with the implementation of various initiatives and support the business during these changes.
With this purpose in mind, you will:
- Collaborate with various business stakeholders to assess identified system/process needs
- Complete cost benefit analysis to support project scope and solution recommendations identified by the Sr Business Analyst and/or management team
- Contribute to the resolution of issues and suggest alternatives to achieve objectives
- Identify and collaborate with project stakeholders, including individuals in Corporate UW, Actuarial, Distribution, Sales & Business Development and Ops & Planning/IT
- Support the planning, tracking and management of small to mid-sized projects or project phases
- Support project Change Management activities, including implementation efforts and transition issues to ensure business risks are identified and solutions are recommended.
This position can be located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto or Montreal 2020. Please also note this position will involve occasional travel across Canada.
- 1-3 years experience in related business analysis or project activities
- Forge strong relationships with internal stakeholders and can work with all levels from individual contributor to executive, and from different areas of the business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and able to explain complex issues to employees and management alike
- You can work on multiple projects and quickly adjust in a rapid changing environment, and works well under pressure and tight deadlines
- Self-starter who can work effectively with little supervision
- Strong organizational and personal time management skills
- You have proven familiarity with Intact's Specialty Solutions lines of business is an asset
- Commercial P&C and/or Commercial Auto Underwriting experience is an asset
- Experience with Visio is an asset
- Experience with workflow diagramming is an asset
- Experience with operational change management
- PMP, CAPM, CBAP and/or CCBA certifications are an asset
The fine print. Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record. Eligibility to work in Canada It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
This posting closes August 18, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.