Bilingual Accident Benefits Assistant II
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
It's About People #IntactCareers
Are you detail-oriented and enjoy providing excellent customer service? Are you eager to get your foot in the door with a national industry-leading organization? Are you looking for a financially strong and stable company? Do you want to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities?
As an Accident Benefits Assistant II, you will be responsible for providing administrative assistance and front-line quality customer service in the settlement of insurance claims under minimal supervision. You will:
- Prepare forms and correspondence to insurance clients, vendors and legal representatives
- Administer file storage and retrieval process for closed files
- Open new claims and assign appropriate claims adjusters
- Process payments submitted by vendors
- Respond to routine customer inquiries and concerns and escalate more complex cases according to Intact's policies and procedures
- Identify process improvements with management
- Work 10am to 6pm shift
- College Diploma/University degree including business/administration training
- 1 - 3 years of work experience
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to consistently perform at a superior level with respect to both the accuracy and volume of work completed
- Effective communications skills with an emphasis on customer service
- Strong computer skills or training with standard Microsoft office applications including strong data entry skills
- Bilingual (oral and written) in English and French
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 14, 2019 at 11:59pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.