Automotive Field Appraiser
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Working from your home you will be responsible for driving to various locations throughout the Mississauga & Peel Regions area including tow pounds, repair shops and dealerships.
Your primary area will be in Mississauga, Brampton and Etobicoke areas for the inspection of many types of physical and mechanical damages. You will conduct Autosource Market Valuations and provide monetary settlements. You will provide quality service and ensures prompt and equitable settlement of claims in line with Ontario Appraisal Unit guidelines(OAU) corporate policies and standards.
- Conduct field inspections to evaluate mechanical or physical damages to all makes and models of cars and light trucks, snowmobiles, motorcycles, ATV's, Trailers (Inc Camper Style/Mobile Homes) through direct and in-person contact with insured's, claimants, and service providers.
- Ability to prepare auto repair estimates using Audatex Estimating Software. Have an open communication with shop owners and managers during the appraisal process. Negotiate and communicate a best repair practice or procedure. Communicate repair times and parts replacement prior to completing the appraisal.
- Compose summary reports on claims transactions and settlements and, if necessary, formulate recommendations for further action.
- As necessary, conduct re-inspections to ensure satisfactory completion of repairs in accordance with Ontario Appraisal Unit (OAU) Guidelines.
- Maintain effective communication channels with repair shops and within the Intact/Belair Claims Department. Coach other appraisers and adjusters when required.
- Establish and maintain productive business relationships and liaises with repair facilities and other service providers. Assist in the screening and review of vendors' performance to meet professional and corporate standards.
- Maintain current knowledge of insurance products as well as appraisal and investigation techniques and services. Identify needs for process improvement and recommend changes to policies or procedures to maintain quality service and competitiveness.
- Determine and/or establish key measures to monitor personal efforts and service levels.
- High School/College Diploma or equivalent Industry related qualifications and experience
- 3-5 Years Customer Service Experience (Dealer or Collision Centre)
- 3-5 Years Experience in Collision Estimating (Audatex Preferred)
- Autobody Licence preferred (Not Mandatory)
- Strong analytical skills to define problems/issues, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Effective verbal communication skills with experience in interviewing, coaching others, and dealing with insureds. Good written communication skills to draft claims reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of automobile construction and repair procedures
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Computer literacy
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 29, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.