Auto Telephone Adjuster, Claims GTA (October 2019)
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you seeking to make a real difference in people's lives and want to hone in your customer service skills along with settling moderately complex claims? As an Auto Telephone Adjuster, you will be responsible for the investigation and settlement of routine and moderately complex automobile physical damage claims, while providing quality service and ensure prompt and equitable settlement of claims in line with corporate policies and standards. You will be part of a highly collaborative Claims Unit, and play an instrumental role in growing the Claims Lines of business using your expertise and unparalleled customer service.
Work Location: Mississauga or Toronto
- Analyze the information gathered, determine liability, review assessment of the damages
- Check details of the insured's policy to determine coverage Interview the insured and/or witnesses to collect their statements of events
- Provide quality service to external or internal customers
- Answer queries relating to investigations and the claims process
- Ensure timely follow up with customers on the status of their claim
Exceptional career development provided, including formal classroom style teaching, on the job coaching, mentoring, and self-study. We pay for approved courses to help with your career development! In addition, you will also receive:
- Competitive compensation;
- Performance bonus;
- Annual $350 physical fitness incentive;
- Medical, dental and vision care insurance;
- Discount on car and home insurance;
- Employee stock option plan;
- A team-based work environment and the opportunity to work for a market leader.
- Completion of High School diploma is required
- University degree or College diploma is preferred
- Bilingualism (French/English) is a definite asset
- Previous Claims adjusting experience preferred
- High level of performance in the handling of new claim calls and inquiry calls in the Customer Service Centre
- Strong ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Client driven with excellent communication skills
- Ongoing commitment to self-development
- Eager to take responsibility for your and our success
- Willing to pursue your Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on September 1, 2019 at 11:59pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.