We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
It's About People #IntactCareers
Our Associate Accountant is a critical player in our investigation of business interruption and loss of income calculations. This candidate has a clear passion for extracting evidence from data combined with a strong investigative mentality to support our Claim Adjusters in the adjudication of claims. Are you ready to work on a team that values innovation, determination and leadership in a role that has unlimited potential within our organization? Join our team and make a difference!
Insurance is changing and it's changing fast. At Intact, the largest P&C insurer in Canada, we are leading the charge in the new and exciting world of insurtech products that will improve the lives of millions of Canadians today and tomorrow.
Do these traits apply to you?
- Confidence in cultivating a new role
- Are you constantly improving?
- Are you deadline and objective driven?
- Do you never settle for "good enough"?
- Are you detailed, goal and priority oriented?
- Are you thorough and accurate, as well as very organized?
If so, the Associate Accountant is the perfect opportunity you!
As one of Intact's Associate Accountants' , you will be joining a dynamic team tasked with analysing and calculating the loss incurred by the claimant following an accident by analyzing the accounting records provided. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide team support to analyze claim
- Assist with verify the validity of the claim for business/income loss
- Assist with analyzing financial documents provided while respecting the commitments and obligations to the claimant
- Listen to and anticipate the needs of the claimant and offer the best solutions
- Offer technical support to adjusters and team leaders, ensuring timely follow-up
- Communicate and validating claims with the claimants
- Meet the claimant and his accountant when required, in collaboration with the expert in charge of the file loss
- Communicate the results in a clear, precise, caring and authentic manner to the claims adjuster or the claimant, adapting communication style accordingly
- Provide a fair and equitable settlement that will consider the policy, standards, rules, applicable laws and follows company processes
- Develop efficient workflows and processes to ensure timely resolution of files
- Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred
- Working towards CPA preferred
- 2 - 4 years of experience in audit or accounting;
- Forensic accounting experience is preferred
- Experience in the insurance sector would be considered an asset
- Professional level of English
- Ability to negotiate and make quality decisions at the appropriate time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 16, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.