At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Workplace: Montreal (2020, Blvd. Robert-Bourassa)
Hiring Manager: Marc-Olivier Bergeron
About us: How do you imagine life at an insurance company - its people, its culture, its offices? We bet that if you swing by Intact Lab, you'll be in for quite the surprise! Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, the Lab is a digital innovation hub tasked with creating cutting-edge insurtech products that improve the lives of millions of Canadians. The Lab merges the best of two worlds: the speed and culture of a start-up, with the resources and means of a large enterprise (you'll have access to all the tools you've ever dreamed of!). With a dynamic team, exciting challenges, beautiful offices, inspiring colleagues and a great work culture (we rank as one of Canada's top 100 places to work), Intact Lab offers an amazing environment to develop your skills and grow your career.
Are you passionate about mobile development? Is your sweet spot at the forefront of digital innovation? Are you an advocate for great code and great design? We've got the perfect opportunity for you!
Role: As an Android Developer, you play a crucial role in developing and improving our mobile ecosystem. Reporting to the Manager, Mobility and Development, your main responsibilities are:
- Conceive and build native apps;
- Engineer apps using best practice architecture and development patterns;
- Ensure performance, quality and security;
- Integrate polished user experiences in line with Android design patterns;
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team throughout product design and development.
- Experience with Kotlin and Reactivex;
- Experience with MVP, MVVM or similar tool;
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools such as fastlane (asset);
- You have built at least one native Android application (at school, home or work);
- Familiar with agile Scrum development methodologies;
- Familiar with Git and Atlassian tools;
- Love for polished, beautiful applications;
- Bachelor of Software Engineering (or related discipline/experience);
- Appetite for growth - we want to help you prosper and grow into a senior role.
- Self-driven, curious and ingenious;
- A team player that can share and receive constructive feedback;
- Great at explaining programming and architecture decisions;
- An advocate for quality;
- Organised and proactive.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- A competitive salary;
- An annual performance bonus;
- A pension plan;
- A 35-hour workweek;
- Flexible work hours;
- Top of the line medical and dental insurance;
- Modern offices in downtown Montreal (McGill metro) with a new MacBook Pro;
- And many more benefits (gym refunds, paid conferences, etc.)
A career in Insurance has never been this exciting.
Evolving consumer expectations and technology have helped to shape a new vision for our industry - and we are leading the way. Our Technology teams are reshaping the way we do business and setting new industry benchmarks. Our Claims representatives are helping customers to get back on track after they experience a loss. Our product teams are developing products that protect people and businesses so they can focus on what matters to them most.
Our success story is written by our passion for living our values and creating a better tomorrow. We're re-writing the future of insurance - are you ready to be a part of the story?
Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role. These checks could include: work references, education and credential confirmation, employment verification, identity check, credit report, criminal offence and driver's license record.
This role is eligible for employee referral bonus. #RightPeopleRightRole
It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. For permanent roles, proof of eligibility can be a Canadian birth certificate, Canadian passport, Canadian citizenship certificate, permanent residence card or confirmation.