Analyst, Intact Ventures
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that inspires each of us to be the best we can be. Join our team and make a difference!
Are you interested in working with companies that are shaping the future of mobility, fintech, big data and AI? If so, you may be interested in joining Intact Ventures!
In this role, you will report to the Principal of Intact Ventures.Your responsibilities will extend to venture investment, portfolio monitoring, relationship building, monitoring prospect companies and due diligence on specific targets, including financial modelling.
Intact Ventures is currently investing out of a $250m dedicated fund and is rapidly developing into a leading corporate venture investor. Investments span verticals (fintech to self-driving) and geographies (San Francisco to Mumbai). Our portfolio is available at www.intactventures.com
The successful candidate will have strong analytical capabilities and a passion for new technology and engaging in the start-up and venture capital community.
What you will do:
- Conduct research on thematic areas of interest, specific companies, and general venture activity
- Support deal sourcing efforts for the team and build your own deal pipeline
- Support investment process for follow-on investments
- Work directly with Principal in supporting investment process for new investments
- Maintain positive relationships with companies where we have existing investments or partnerships
- Represent Intact Ventures at various conferences or industry events
- Monitoring the financial and non-financial metrics associated with new investments and existing venture investments that you will inherit
- Conduct financial and business due diligence to make recommendations on deal structure and terms.
- Draft investment memos for review of senior team members and the investment committee
- Outgoing, curious, driven, impatient with the status quo
- Deep intellectual curiosity about technology and new business models
- Ability to work independently and on projects where research is required
- Curious mindset that is keeping up with consumer preference trends and how the insurance industry can adapt to meet those needs, with specific expertise around data, AI, mobility and distribution.
- Proactive networking and relationship development skills
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge: ability to build financial models
- High degree of maturity and professionalism when working with Senior Management.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Superior oral and written communications skills
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience as investment professional (venture capital, investment banking, corporate development, private equity) and / or working at a start-up/tech company/ Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, engineering, computer science, actuarial science or related discipline
- Master's degree and / or relevant industry designations considered an asset
Who is Intact Ventures?
We are the venture arm of Intact Financial Corporation, Canada's leading P&C insurer. For more details on our fund, please visit www.intactventures.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on August 19, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.