Actuarial Student Co-op/Intern
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It's more than a great career. It's a bright future.
We're hiring a team of Future Talent superstars - people like you - to join our Actuary team! In this role, you'll get hands-on industry experience from experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team's work and vision.
This is your opportunity.
As an Actuarial Student Co-op/Intern at Intact, you will learn the art of measuring risk - this is what powers our products, policies and pricing and is a vital part of our business
When you step into this role, you will:
- Collect, process, verify and analyze statistical data and produce reports designed as a basis for actuarial assessments
- Participate in various work groups (product pricing, claims reserves, financial projections, regulatory reporting, analyzing underwriting files, etc.)
- Produce reports and make improvements using various programs and software (SAS, Sapiens, SQL, Visual Basic, Excel and Access)
- Share knowledge and explain basic actuarial principles to colleagues
This role will offer you the chance to:
- Experience first-hand what it's like to work in Actuary and discover more about how advances in technology are shaping the way the insurance business works
- Explore new ideas and learn about best practices in a fun, inclusive environment
- Put your creative mind to work while you help the team solve problems and contribute to challenging, meaningful projects
- Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Finance or Economics
- Passed 2 CAS/SOA exams is preferred
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Detail orientated and strong ability to multi-task
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
We have several positions available in our Winter, Summer, & Fall 2020 term at our Calgary office and other offices across the country (Vancouver, Quebec City, Montreal & Toronto)
The next steps:
All submissions will be reviewed after the posting closes. If you meet the requirements of the role, you may expect:
- A Video Interview - You'll receive an email with full details and a link to complete.
- A Plum Assessment - If selected to move forward, you will create a talent profile for you so the hiring manager can assess your key strengths alongside the needs of the role.
- An Interview Phase - If selected to move forward, you'll get to meet the hiring team, discuss the role, and - most importantly - tell us about you!
The fine print.
Background Checks Prior to receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to background checks if it's a requirement for the role.
Eligibility to work in Canada It's important that you are eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you are in need of a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.