Actuarial Analyst - 4 Month Co-op/Internship (Fall 2020)
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It's about people. It's what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It's why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees to thrive in, and, why we're committed to nurturing and investing in the future talent of our industry.
It's more than a great career. It's a bright future.
We're hiring a team of Future Talent superstars - people like you! - to join our Actuarial team. In this role, you'll get hands-on industry experience from experts in the field while participating and contributing to the team's work and vision.
As an Actuarial Analyst Co-op/Intern at Intact, you will learn the art of measuring risk - this is what powers our products, policies and pricing and is a vital part of our business.
You may be a good fit for this role if you are:
- A Skilled Communicator
- An Analytical Powerhouse
- An Inspiring Innovator
- An Adaptable Ace
- All about Team Work
When you step into this role, here are the type of projects that you might be involved in:
- Provide assistance in product pricing, corporate planning, statistical modelling, actuarial indications and/or underwriting analysis
- Create, develop, modify and generate report templates using various tools (SAS, SQL, Visual Basics, Excel and Access)
- Participate in the team's daily work by analyzing actuarial data and propose changes
You will also have the chance to:
- Visualize a career in insurance as you discover more about our exciting, evolving industry
- Build relationships and networks to support your professional growth and success
- Expand your skills through collaboration with and training from our experts
- Collaborate with colleagues on developmental projects and share your knowledge
- Help us innovate through data
These are the requirements to apply:
- Available to work with us for Fall 2020 (September to December)
- Must be returning to full time studies immediately following the internship
- Pursuing Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Finance or Economics or related fields
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen
- Basic programming knowledge and eagerness to learn
Your career starts here. Apply today!
We can't wait to learn more about you. When you complete your application, remember to include your resume and University/College transcript. We hire co-ops every semester (Winter, Summer and Fall)!
As Canada's largest provider of property and casualty insurance, we're not only leading our industry, but we're redefining what it means to work for it. As a recognized top employer, we're committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who bring their best to work each day because they know their work matters.
Our people are at the heart of what we promise - getting people back on track and helping them prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. We have over 13,000 employees who live our values every day and strive to deliver legendary service to our millions of customers across Canada and the U.S.
We have many brands that are a part of the Intact family. In Canada, Intact Insurance and Brokerlink distribute insurance through a wide network of brokers, while belairdirect delivers products direct-to-consumer. In the U.S., OneBeacon Insurance Group provides specialty insurance to industries who have unique insurance needs (think entertainment, tech, marine & agriculture).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees. If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.
This posting closes on February 9, 2020 at 11:59pm.