Accounting Service Representative - Level 1 (Part-Time)
To be innovative, you need courage. And being courageous is in our DNA. Sixty years ago, we started our business by insuring taxi drivers when no one else would. In 1997, we became the first car insurance company in North America to offer an online car insurance quote directly to consumers. We know that insurance is too important to be complicated. So, we work hard to make it simple for people to protect the things they care about. That's us. Insurance. Simplified.
Are you detail-oriented and enjoy providing excellent customer service? Are you eager to get your foot in the door with a national industry-leading organization? Are you looking for a financially strong and stable company? Do you want to work in an environment that believes in growth and development and offers various career opportunities? As an Accounting Services Representative you will contribute to the profitable growth of the company by utilizing customer service in an effort to minimize bad debt and provide high level of customer service to both internal and external clients.
This position is based in our office located at 750 Cambie Street, Vancouver.
- Provide support and assistance to the sales agents and other company staff on an ongoing basis.
- Provide timely and effective communication to the insured in regard to non-payment items and account enquires.
- Analyze and resolve various account discrepancies.
- Provide customer service assistance to all Direct Distribution's customers (via A/R phone queue).
- Process all cancellations for non-payment.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as required.
You will be required to work between 21-30 hours per week.
Candidates must be available to work Saturdays and Statutory holidays for shifts between the hours of 8am to 6pm.
- Ability to multi-task is essential.
- Requires good oral and written communication skills.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Must be detail oriented, and able to organize and prioritize the workload.
- Accurate data entry and keyboarding skills are essential.
- Practical experience with payment related practices.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our values guide everything that we do. We celebrate our differences and appreciate our similarities. That's why we are committed to building an inclusive and inspiring environment for all employees.
If you need a specific accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know and we will be happy to provide.
Before receiving a job offer, you may be asked to consent to a background check if it's a requirement for the role. This may include: verifying work references, validating education and credentials, employment verification, identity checks, reviewing credit reports, as well as criminal and driving record checks.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
This posting closes on October 11, 2019 at 11:59pm EST.
It's important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.