Writer/Information Developer - Co-op (Ottawa, ON or Fredericton, NB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, ON or Fredericton, NB and is a 4 or 8 (co-op) month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The following job responsibilities for Technical Writer Co-op include:
- Design, develop and maintain online documentation (user guides, admin guides, installation guides) for innovative products and services for Security Intelligence
- Collaborate openly and effectively with other writers, designers, developers, and product management
- Look for ways to improve the current documentation
- Produce multiple deliverables with frequent releases
- Maintain effectiveness in response to changing program requirements and incomplete information
- Be creative and efficient in describing complex technology and environments
- Take ownership and initiative when developing and delivering documentation that varies in size and scope, and communicate status proactively
This position is in the Information Development and Design (technical writing) of IBM's QRadar family of products. These products deliver an intelligent, integrated and automated security solution that provides complete, 360-degree security intelligence across your entire network, no matter how large or small. Employees in this role complete information development projects, and keep information deliverables organized and on schedule. They apply appropriate technical writing, editing, visual design and tools skills, as required. They design and develop elements for user interface (UI), web, print, and other linear and non-linear information deliverables.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- A desire and ability to write clearly to convey information to the intended audience in an easily understood manner
- Aptitude for technology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Must work effectively as part of a team and be able to exercise independent judgment within defined guidelines and procedures
- Must be able to multi-task and manage priorities and adapt to changing work load requirements
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.