WebSphere Application Server Development - Intern (Markham)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are a software development team seeking proven contributors and creative team players looking for challenges and impact in an agile, fast paced and rewarding environment.
You will be a member of the worldwide WebSphere Application Server development team. You will actively participate in the development of WebSphere Application Server with a focus on Open Liberty, IBM's open source application server designed for cloud native applications and microservices. You will be exposed to all aspects of software development from design, development, test to delivery and will experience agile and open software development at scale first hand.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Proven ability to learn fast, contribute and deliver results
- Proven ability to collaborate across and work within a team
- Proven verbal and written communications skills
- Experience programming in Java and scripting languages
- Experience with integrated development environments
- Experience with modern build tools and version control systems
- Understanding of software engineering
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Experience with Git, Maven, Gradle, Eclipse
- Experience with multiple programming languages
- Experience with multiple operating systems and platforms
- Knowledge of Java EE
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Experience or knowledge of agile software development
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.