W&CP Financial Analyst
Responsibilities in the role
- Provide insights and financial support to management and sales team on existing customers, forecast, and current issues in the business
- Assist the team with contracts, DOU’s and pricing cases
- Close the month and quarter - Ensure integrity in financial roll up and forecast. Interlock with North America, GTS, and SWG lines of business
- Create Quota, Fall plan, COV F, CREV, CREV GP, XaaS, XaaS Focus, Signings Plan
- Automate Reports – Consolidate ACV/TCV signings reports
- Own financial processes for W&CP end to end
- Create, review and evaluate analyses to develop consolidated views, management summaries, evaluate their impacts and provide recommendation to the business.
- Serve as a liaison between business unit operations and accounting functions; ensuring accurate and timely recording of accounting and financial information.
- Gather and analyze financial information, and closely interact with Operations and Business line leaders, to create bottoms-up revenue forecast
- Conduct trend, metrics, and waterfall analysis to determine potential business and financial risk.
- Utilize accounting transaction and reporting systems to generate reports, conduct detailed research, and respond to inquiries.
- Perform regular and ad-hoc accounting and financial analyses for business unit leaders.
- Exercises high degree of analytical ability in financial management. Interprets/evaluates business unit results and alerts management of impacts to plans, forecasts, control posture, etc.
- Working Conditions: Normal/flexible office conditions.
- Contribution/Leadership: Provides leadership, motivation and coaching to a department of financial analysts. Understands IBM management decisions through analysis of results and program plans. Considerable independence and latitude in executing responsibilities and in providing guidance on financial matters.
- Impact on Business/Scope: Business analysis and issue resolution supports the attainment of functional /unit financial objectives. Decisions have significant impact on control posture in sensitive operational areas of accounting.
Please note that this is an internal only position and limits candidates to current IBMers in the same country and legal entity as the position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of Services Finance, products/offerings, business processes, management and measurement systems & accounting practices. Strong Excel and system (Cognos, Qmf, Consol/TM1) skills are a must and working knowledge of Powerpoint is needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to lead team members, interact regularly with accounting and financial executives and peers. Required to provide clear, concise executive level reports to all levels of management and be able to influence the decision making process.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.