We are seeking full-time designers (across various profiles) to work at IBM. Designers will articulate and envision the future of IBM's entire portfolio of products, ranging from software, hardware to consulting.
Visual Designer (VIS): Visual designers organize information visually to engage audiences emotionally and communicate effectively. They demonstrate exhibited skills in visual design principles including typography, layout, imagery, color, etc. Demonstrated skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, and other tools are a must. Their work will provide end-users with an instant emotional connection to a product even before they start using it.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic knowledge in designing software products and applications
- English: Fluent
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills including visualizations of complex experiences such as stories, flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity).
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in solving complex user problems and user interface design.
- Understanding of Design principles and their application.
- Experience designing for accessibility.
- Examples of beginning and ending interactions (micro interactions) and/or mobile/responsive design considerations.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Bohemian Sketch, and prototyping tools, such as InVision and/or Axure
EO Statement IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.