UX/UI Designer - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4 month co-op work term commencing May 2020. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with some of IBM’s brightest minds comprising of designers, developers and product managers
- Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership by communicating design strategies to assist with product development and goals Iterate quickly and actively participate in an agile development process within the team to incorporate new concepts and test designs
- Create wireframe and interaction prototypes using hi and low fidelity design tools
- Understand how to focus on a job, yet still remember to have fun
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Knowledge and experience with interactive design domain Demonstrated abilities in a number of UX wireframe and prototyping design tools such as (but not limited to) InVision, Sketch, Axure, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional verbal, visual and written communication skills to articulate UX logic and reasoning across disciplines Ability to collaborate with a team of designers and work well with cross- functional teams
- Must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a fluid and agile environment with fast approaching release dates Portfolio (School OK) with work samples and stories
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Familiarity with the interactive design process
- Experience with research methodologies, creating personas, user scenario flows, usability testing, task analysis and information architecture
- Appreciation of the user’s experience when interacting with software Ability to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team
Required Education: High School Diploma/GED
Preferred Education: None
Eligibility Requirements: N/A
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
State / Province: ONTARIO
City / Township / Village: OTTAWA
IBM Business Group: CLOUD
Primary job category: Software Development & Support
Secondary Job Category: Other Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role ): Technical Support Professional
Employment Type: Full-Time
Contract type: Internship
New Collar Role: Yes
Early Professional Track: Designer
Position Type: Intern
Travel Required: No Travel
Company: (0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee