UX/UI Designer - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 8 month co-op work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
- Brainstorm and collaborate with some of IBM's brightest minds comprising of designers, developers and product managers
- Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership by communicating design strategies to assist with product development and goals Iterate quickly and actively participate in an agile development process within the team to incorporate new concepts and test designs
- Create wireframe and interaction prototypes using hi and low fidelity design tools
- Understand how to focus on a job, yet still remember to have fun
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Knowledge and experience with interactive design domain Demonstrated abilities in a number of UX wireframe and prototyping design tools such as (but not limited to) InVision, Sketch, Axure, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Exceptional verbal, visual and written communication skills to articulate UX logic and reasoning across disciplines Ability to collaborate with a team of designers and work well with cross- functional teams
- Must be highly motivated and enjoy working in a fluid and agile environment with fast approaching release dates Portfolio (School OK) with work samples and stories
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiarity with the interactive design process
- Experience with research methodologies, creating personas, user scenario flows, usability testing, task analysis and information architecture
- Appreciation of the user's experience when interacting with software Ability to collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.