We are seeking full-time designers (across various profiles) to work at IBM. Designers will articulate and envision the future of IBM's entire portfolio of products, ranging from software, hardware to consulting.
User Experience (UX):
User Experience Designers are masters of information architecture, user interaction, intuitive workflows and content prioritization. They work with product management and Design Researchers to obtain market and user research and translate it into a draft of what the product will look like, how it will behave, and how it ties back to the user's goals - typically in the form of wireframes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English: Fluent
- Basic knowledge in designing software products and applications
- Portfolio and work samples including user-centered research
- Demonstrated ability to translate research findings into specific, prioritized recommendations to improve product designs
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches
- Demonstrated storytelling and presentation skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- B.S. in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Sociology, or related discipline preferred
- Experience in solving complex user problems
- Understanding of Design principles and their application.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.