User Experience Designer
The Watson Customer Engagement Design team is responsible for creating intuitive and compelling user experiences with our software. We want to delight our customers with perfect moments that create unbreakable bonds. We need to know what our customers want before they do. Join the Design team's mission to build revolutionary business and consumer products that change the way people think and work.
The role will tackle numerous projects working on IBM software products including tasks such as designing business process scenarios and flows for user interfaces and demos, researching and validating customer requirements, creating wireframes (low and high fidelity) for user scenario flows, etc. Projects over the next year will include working on next generation Watson Customer Engagement products and Enterprise solutions as well as possible shorter term projects (proof of concepts, demos, etc.). The role demands deep experience with current tools and methods, but also a requirement to investigate and learn new approaches to solving problems. The candidate must be a self-starter, creative in their thinking about design issues, have strong communication and documentation skills and be able to work with a wide variety of people (designers, information developers, developers, product owners, etc.) - both face-to-face and via conference calls.
The position is for a 1 year assignment.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English (Fluent)
- Experience with creating user scenarios for usability testing, analysis of industry trends, task analysis, workflow design
- Experience with creating mockups, design patterns and interaction design
- Experience with visual design tools and knowledge of application of styles across user interfaces
- Experience with researching and reporting conclusions in well-developed documents
- Knowledge of wireframing and design tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, InVision, Sketch, etc. Knowledge of design methodologies and information architecture
- Presentation skills and an ability to articulate ideas in a persuasive manner
- An understanding of interface & user experience design best practices for web and mobility devices
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, team based environment
- Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of interaction design and visual design
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Understand modern design thinking and design trends
- Understand different industries to better gauge how design issues and users can differ across them
- Have an appreciation for detail - every pixel and interaction is important.
Legal work eligibility status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.