User Experience Designer
Who we are We are looking for a bright and energetic person to join our IBM Compiler and Enterprise Project Team. Compilers are used by the largest banks, insurance, health and retailers in the industry. You interact with it at least ten to twenty times a day with backend transactions generated from mobile enterprise applications. You will become part of the team that will assist in the Z Systems digital transformation.
As a User Experience designer, you will use your UX design skills to translate actionable insights from the design research team into mockups and prototypes; deliver low-, mid-, and high-fidelity renderings; and adhere to UX best practices and design language specifications to deliver great end-to-end customer experiences, especially experiences that extend beyond traditional product user interfaces.
You'll have the opportunity to work with design colleagues and members of other disciplines including development and offering management as well as a world-wide community of other UX designers. Our Design practice continues to evolve, and we have industry-standard tools at our disposal. We're also fully invested in IBM Design Thinking, and infuse these principles and practices into everything we do.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- An up-to-date design portfolio
- Communication skills and an ability to pinpoint customer requirements
- Can convert user research findings and ideas into design
- Can express a user's journey through stories and various mapping techniques
- Create interactive wireframes using tools like Sketch and Invision or similar software
- Good understanding of prevalent design patterns and their application in a design
- Assist a design researcher in validation of an experience and design
- Good understanding of visual design practices
- Ability to write a detailed design specification
- Ability to bring a design through the development process
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Design diploma, design degree or equivalent
- One year of practical experience doing design thinking is preferred.
- One year of practical application of Agile is also preferred.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.