User Experience Designer
Visualization is critical to discovering insights into your information and to effectively communicate that knowledge to others. The Hybrid Cloud design team provides a key component of design thinking for IBM Business Analytics products through cross platform interactions, visual design patterns and user experience best practices. This isn't about drawing old-fashioned pie charts, it's about visually understanding data in ways that have never been seen before.
Today’s operating environment demands a stack that’s responsive to the innovative enterprise – one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. By 2020, businesses will commit at least 50% of IT spend on cloud. Businesses are prioritizing the secure connection and extension mission-critical apps, and IBM Hybrid Cloud is a leader in providing these solutions. Here’s the chance to become a part of the IBM Cloud Design team – a well-established user interface design team designing integrated cloud services for IBM's premier cloud platform, on-premise, and enterprise software offerings.
We are seeking awith a proven record of delivering irresistible solutions which address our customers’ most challenging business problems and opportunities. The best candidate will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and Engineering stakeholders in agile and lean delivery methodologies. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud and cognitive computing.
- Collaborate with designers, developers and product managers to create brilliant interface and user experience solutions
- from concept to delivered product
- Work with UX Designers, Researchers and Product Managers to understand user’s needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
- Participate in lean UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, stakeholders interviews, and design workshops
- Analyze and synthesize the findings; distilling the inherent complexity in the user’s experiences and identify the right problems to solve
- Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
- Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings (starting with paper and pencil/whiteboard) and clickable prototypes
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wire frames, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practices
- Understand how to balance an insanely high personal bar of performance, yet still remember to have fun
Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of their software experience. You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions, and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
Portfolio submission required. Must send PDF or URL for graphic design portfolio to be considered as a
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 0 - 3yrs of experience as a user experience designer
- Produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wire frames to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
- Ability to tell a meaningful story about the user through great presentation skills
- Proven ability to inspire, lead, coach and mentor design team members
- Experience providing feedback on designer performance, and identify opportunities for team members to sharpen and expand their skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a user experience designer
- Some experience with or understanding of data visualization
- Some experience with or understanding of advanced analytics
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.