Unix Systems Administrator
Since receiving the Randstad Award for Canada's Most Attractive Employer (ranked #1 in 2015), IBM is expanding its New Brunswick footprint by growing its IT Services Centre.
Through partnership and collaboration, IBM is planting the economic development seeds to help transition New Brunswick into a knowledge worker economy that can positively tackle challenges for the benefit of all Canadians and organizations around the world. Will you join us?
As an IBMer, you can change the way the world works. Join IBM and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers—people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world’s top business and technology professionals. Network in an open, friendly and flexible work environment where diversity is embraced and new, creative ways of thinking are encouraged and supported. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
Looking for an candidate that is an experienced UNIX (linux/aix) Systems Administrator with at least following expertises and skills
- patching linux version 5, 6 and 7
- patching AIX 6 and 7
- IBM IEM
Will be working with GTS Account Team, Team Leads, Other System Administrators.
- Working with an growing client that has operations in multiple countries
- Client & IBM interactions (and learning) at executive levels
- Gain experience from very Senior technical leader on the account and in your existing team
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Patching CIRATS
- Update/upgrade OS by requests and all related works and reporting pkgs update for the production servers and was in the on-call rotation as well
- Managing our ticket queues, such for Service Requests/Change Management and incidents
- Follow up managing subscription for servers in all tiers
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working with Maximo, UNIX certifications, Storage experience, Network experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.