Unity AR VR Developer - Co-op (Markahm, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 4-month co-op month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
IBM is seeking an experienced Unity/Swift Developer with experience developing applications for HoloLens platform. The candidate will be joining the GBS Microsoft practice to work on cutting edge Mixed Reality projects. We are looking for an experienced 3D Artist who collaborate with our team of experienced producers, coders, designers and quality assurance analysts. The candidate's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering high-quality AR assets
- Working closely with teammates to satisfy project requirements.
- Successfully communicating the state of project deliverables, you are responsible for.
- Successfully expediting road-blocking issue resolution.
- Implementing project directives and delivering on production best practices.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working knowledge of Unity3D game engine or Swift
- Expert knowledge of C# with the focus of Unity's libraries and custom scripts
- Strong UI/UX design skills
- Well-developed trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Hands-on experience developing AR applications for HoloLens and/or mobile platforms
- Experience developing 3D interactive games and experiences
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.