Tester, Functional - Ottawa
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
Do you think the world can work smarter?â€‹ At IBM, Test Specialists ensure that our clients can count on their systems to work smarter because they've been rigorously tested to ensure that top quality standards are met.â€‹ After all, you can't work smart if your systems aren't up to grade.â€‹
That's where you come in.â€‹
As a Test Specialist you will use your expertise in the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests - using appropriate testing tools and techniques - to ensure that IBM systems (new and amended) conform to exacting standards.â€‹ Why?â€‹ So they'll perform as specified, with any interface, to meet clients' business goals.â€‹ You will deliver on that promise with exceptional testing strategies, test plans, test cases, test reports and quality metrics.â€‹ You will be Client facing.
In this position, you will test applications and systems implemented using the PeopleSoft ERP Package. You will develop the test scenarios and test cases and execute test cases to verify that the system is built as per the requirements (usually focuses on functional testing of the applications).
At IBM, progress is our passion.â€‹ Join us.â€‹
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- MUST hold Government Security Clearance;
- Computer Science background;
- Strong IT professional (3-5 years) with experience and career interest in testing;
- Proven experience in formal software testing 2-3+ years
- Client facing skills/aptitude and long term IBM consulting leadership potential
- Experience with Test Planning, Requirements Analysis, Test estimation, Test Design, Test Optimisation, Test Data requirements and test data creation;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills required.
- Local to Ottawa.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- SME with solid experience in HR Payroll Systems and Business processes (will also consider Benefits, Pension, HR, T&L candidates);
- At least 2+ years experience using Software Packages in the ERP software Package space having Industry domain focus in Oracle, PeopleSoft;
- At least 2+ years experience in test scenarios and test cases, executes test cases to verify that the system is built/configured as per the requirements.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter business by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree