Tester, Functional - Ottawa
IBM Global Business Services: Join a Leader. Consult with us.
IBM Global Business Services has more than 60,000 professionals in over 50 countries worldwide. With a strong focus on results, we enable clients to leverage technology and information to improve performance and create sustainable competitive advantages. We are proud of our talented team, our respected reputation, and our outstanding results.
Do you think the world can work smarter? At IBM, Test Specialists ensure that our clients can count on their systems to work smarter because they've been rigorously tested to ensure that top quality standards are met. After all, you can't work smart if your systems aren't up to grade.
That's where you come in.
As a Test Specialist you will use your expertise in the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests - using appropriate testing tools and techniques - to ensure that IBM systems (new and amended) conform to exacting standards. Why? So they'll perform as specified, with any interface, to meet clients' business goals. You will deliver on that promise with exceptional testing strategies, test plans, test cases, test reports and quality metrics. You will be Client facing.
In this position, you will test applications and systems implemented using the PeopleSoft ERP Package. You will develop the test scenarios and test cases and execute test cases to verify that the system is built as per the requirements (usually focuses on functional testing of the applications).
At IBM, progress is our passion. Join us.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Eligibility to obtain Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance;
- At least 1+ years' experience in test scenarios and test cases, executes test cases to verify that the system is built/configured as per the requirements;
- Experience with Test Planning, Requirements Analysis, Test estimation, Test Design, Test Optimisation, Test Data requirements and test data creation;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills required.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Currently hold Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance;
- At least 2+ years experience using Software Packages in the ERP software Package space having Industry domain focus in Oracle, PeopleSoft;
- Experience with HR Payroll Systems and Business processes;
- At least 2+ years experience in test scenarios and test cases, executes test cases to verify that the system is built/configured as per the requirements.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.