Test Automation Developer - Co-op (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 4-month COOP work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The candidate will experience how test automation is used in the Continuous Delivery Pipeline.
You will contribute to all aspects of the test automation process for our TM1 – Planning Analytics software. This ranges from execution and maintenance, to the scripting out of test automation for new features.
Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and be comfortable in both a collaborative environment, as well as work with minimal guidance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrated knowledge of the software development cycle
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of software testing concepts
- Experience with automation tools such as Intern or Selenium
- Previous co-op experience is preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.