Technical Writer - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is 12-month work term commencingSeptember 2018.
It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobsincluding a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Job Description for Technical Writer:
This position is with our DB2 LUW Content Design (CD) team. As a Content Designer, you will work in an agile development environment to complete information development projects, and keep information deliverables organized and on schedule. This role will assist in defining and then develop, package, and deliver content to various audiences. Candidates should be self-motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-changing, agile environment. The role will interface and assist the various technical teams within the organization which are responsible for specific product or technology.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
We are looking for the following knowledge and experience:
- Design, research, and develop material for clients
- Synthesize complex technical information into clear instructions for users.
- Act as Information Development focal point on project teams, taking responsibility for producing documentation for the team, and reporting issues and progress.
- Proven written and verbal skills in English.
- Work well with worldwide teams and prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with software application industry, agile processes, development methodologies, relational databases, and release cycles.
- Demonstrated skills in HTML, XML, and mark-up languages.
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.