Technical Writer - Internship (Markham, ON)
IBM is a globally integrated technology and consulting company headquartered in Armonk, New York. With operations in more than 170 countries, IBM attracts and retains some of the world's most talented people to help solve problems and provide an edge for businesses, governments and non-profits.
Today, IBM is focused on five growth initiatives - Cloud, Big Data and Analytics, Mobile, Social Business and Security. IBMers are working with customers around the world to apply the company's business consulting, technology and Research & Development expertise to enable systems of engagement that deliver dynamic insights for businesses and governments worldwide.
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 month work term commencing May 2017.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
Students must apply to www.ibm.com/jobs in order to be considered for this position. It is highly recommended to include your transcript (official or unofficial) to complement your application.
Main Responsibilities for Content Designer include:
This position is with our DB2 LUW Content Design (CD) team. As a Content Designer, you will work in an agile development environment to complete information development projects, and keep information deliverables organized and on schedule. This role will assist in defining and then develop, package, and deliver content to various audiences. Candidates should be self-motivated individuals who are comfortable working in a fast-changing, agile environment. The role will interface and assist the various technical teams within the organization which are responsible for specific product or technology.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- We are looking for the following knowledge and experience:
- Design, research, and develop material for clients
- Synthesize complex technical information into clear instructions for users.
- Act as Information Development focal point on project teams, taking responsibility for producing documentation for the team, and reporting issues and progress.
- Proven written and verbal skills in English.
- Work well with worldwide teams and prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with software application industry, agile processes, development methodologies, relational databases, and release cycles.
- Demonstrated skills in HTML, XML, and mark-up languages.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.