Technical Support Specialist - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 12 or 16 (internship) month work term commencing May 2018. It ismandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking innovative students looking for a full semester of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment. Your role will be a combination of enterprise level software support and developing support tools. You will work with high effective support teams across countries on some initiative support projects, as well as learn to provide technical assistance and consultation to our global customers for complex software related issues. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on. Some responsibilities are:
- Develop Product Knowledge-Base articles, procedures and support tools to improve services efficiency
- Work on support projects such as Web based or mobile support management dashboard, support tools or other IBM Watson cognitive related projects
- Provide world class customer services to large enterprise users
- Investigate and resolve support issues that require intermediate product knowledge and usage independently and productively
- Handle urgent customer situation and provide emergency fixes or solutions to customers
- Coordinate within the team for critical customer support issues or escalations independently
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Working for Bachelor Science (B.Sc.) in Computer Science or equivalent degrees
- System-level usage experience on Unix/Linux/Windows
- Demonstrates verbal, written communications skills, and inter-personal skills
- Proven experience in problem troubleshooting, analysis and resolution
- Experience with various programming languages like Java, Python
- Knowledge of software development process
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge on Cloud, Cognitive Computing or Deep Learning will be a plus
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.