Technical Support Professional
Preferred Location: Fredericton NB or Saint John NB
Security Intelligence (QRadar) Support is leading the charge in supporting creative solutions to long-standing problems. Each of our support centers is a vital contributor to the pillars of our support philosophy in which the customer comes first. Together, we support our customers in ways they could never have imagined in helping them achieve their goals. We have a world-class team and leading edge technologies to propel you into a future that you create.
This position involves working with our customers, including some of the world's top network and security experts. The candidate must be able to assist with advanced hardware, operating systems, tuning, scalability/performance, network integration issues and security incident analysis. Our support group is involved in all aspects of customer interactions from pre-sales deployment design to upgrading and support of existing customers. Since our product line is the centre for all network traffic analysis and device logging, we require individuals who wish to be challenged technically by integrating our products with all major networking brand names. This position involves not only the regular support role but also assisting and mentoring team members through day to day technical leadership.
- Assist our customers in the deployment of Security Intelligence solutions (QRadar) by providing planning, implementation, configuration, and optimization services around the world.
- Provide technical engineering support, as part of our Technical Support Centre, in order to resolve customer issues by performing diagnostics, performance optimization, security incident analysis, solution/partner recommendations, and product knowledge transfer
- Perform proof of concept solution validation and complex issue reproduction while interfacing with engineering, product management, and quality assurance teams
- Work with customer account teams to ensure total customer satisfaction by representing our customers' needs and requirements to product management and engineering
- Build software tools and training materials to assist our customers in expanding their deployment and knowledge base
- Design comprehensive security solutions to address a wide range of complexities, scales, and integration requirements
- Interface with customers on an on-going basis to identify problems and communicate progress and resolution while maintaining a high sense of urgency and timely escalation
- Function as a key contributor to the knowledge management system technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software.
- You'll be responsible for ensuring that company software components are expertly designed, tested, debugged, verified, and ready for integration into IBM's best-of-breed solutions that help organizations improve their business outcomes in the global marketplace.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (verbal and written)
- Min 1-2 years experience in Linux or UNIX Systems Administration
- Min 1-2 years experience in Network Administration
- A passion for customer support
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- At least 3-4 years of experience in Linux or UNIX Systems Administration