Technical Support Dispatcher (TSD) - Coop (London, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in London, Ontario and is a 4 (Co-op) month work term commencing January 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Technical Support Dispatcher (TSD) is responsible for receiving electronically submitted requests for support and distributing to level 2 Support Analyst. The TSD reviews each request and assigns to the appropriate level 2 Support Analyst based on knowledge and expertise pertaining to the submitted request. TSD will assist level 2 Support Analyst with overflow of calls making initial contacts for North American customer with Asset Management related issues.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, spoken)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Email knowledge with Lotus Notes
- Experience with Salesforce, Retain or similar CRM software
- Ability to follow standard procedures
- Learn and understand support structure to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Able to work with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Some knowledge of SQL and Databases
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.