Technical Solution Specialist - Coop (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 4-month co-op month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented undergraduate level students with a real passion for technology and sales to fill Technical Solution Specialist Internship roles.
As part of IBM's sales team, you will have the opportunity to work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. We're motivated by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. IBMers can access our entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they envision.
This is a summer 2019 position. Applicants should in 3 rd year of studies pursuing a Bachelor's degree in the areas of Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or similar disciplines. Intern positions are located in major cities across Canada including Markham, Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg
IBM Technical Solution Specialist Interns are guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential.
You will assist in the delivery of industry-centric technology solutions to clients of all sizes and markets. During your internship, you will work directly with sales professionals on client opportunities and contribute to the day-to-day sales operations of the team. Interns will gain an understanding of IBM sales practices as well as knowledge about IBM's products to help develop business solutions. You will have the opportunity to shadow sales representatives and network throughout all levels of the robust IBM organization, which will enable you to form contacts and gain insights on future opportunities within IBM. You may work with any of the following business units: Analytics, Business Partners, Cloud, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Systems Hardware, Talent & Collaboration Solutions, Watson Customer Engagement.
As a Technical Solution Specialist Intern, you will be part of the client account team and drive revenue through in-depth, complex technical demonstrations, designing solutions, technical evaluations, and/or proof-of-concepts.
Please note: this is not a coding, development or extensive hands-on role. This role will involve technical consulting with clients, helping them design technical solutions.
Be a Challenger, Step Up, Get Ready and Jump into the Ring!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrate a real passion for sales
- Have customer sales/service experience
- Have a capacity to grasp technical details
- Be a self-starter and have proven leadership experience
- Possess people and teaming skills
- Possess research and analytical skills
- Demonstrate strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Be able to independently travel to local IBM clients and meetings
- Be a rising Junior or rising Senior majoring in an area of technology with proven academic success
- Programming coursework or experience is a plus
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Registered full-time university student
- High School Diploma/GED
- Readiness to travel 10% travel annually
- English: Fluent
Preferred Bachelor's Degrees:
- Computer Science, Data Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, MIS or similar disciplines
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.