Technical Analyst, Internet of Things - Coop (Toronto, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is an 8 (co-op) month work term commencing January, 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The GBS Microsoft IoT practice is seeking an IT consultant with experience in developing Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. The practice performs with the aim of transforming businesses using Azure or Watson IoT, which integrates to Data Analytics and Data Visualization software and effectively enhances the offerings to IBM clients. The candidate would participate, develop and be exposed to an innovative, tech-agnostic space for Enterprise solutions.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrated experience with all/some of the following (or equivalent) technologies:
- Micro-controllers / Microprocessors and SoCs - Raspberry Pi or equivalent
- Sensors - Analog and Digital
- Cloud Connectivity - Azure preferred
- Analytics of DATA generated by Sensors - NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB
- Web services using JSON, REST, SOAP and other similar web service technologies
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of market and business trends in the innovative technologies space
- Results driven and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively communicate and participate in business development
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.