Technical Analyst - Internship (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This Student Position resides in Ottawa, Ontario and is a 12 or 16 month work term commencing in September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on products and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The IBM Planning Analytics Support team is responsible for providing World Class technical software support. To achieve this objective, we have teams of professionals who test, simulate, and resolve a variety of technical and design issues while ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
Working with other experienced team members, our Co-op students help provide solutions to client requirements in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will be providing technical support to live production and test systems, providing mission critical assistance to Fortune 1000 companies from around the World.
There are opportunities to learn in the following areas: Databases (Tier 1 DB's such as IBM DB2, Oracle, SQL Server etc), TM1, Planning Analytics, SQL, Networking, Web servers, Operating Systems (including UNIX,Linux), industry standard troubleshooting tools and techniques, leadership, and effective communication
The challenge will be to meet customer expectations with a high degree of satisfaction. You will be part of a dynamic team which will be responsible for your customer's success.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience of working in a team environment
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Able to learn and adapt quickly
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products, especially Planning Analytics, TM1 or Cognos Analytics
- Understand Software Development Life Cycle
- Proven aptitude for Computer Science, software or Information Technology
- Have previous experience in SQL, databases, OLAP, networking, web servers, application servers and operating systems
- Client facing experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.