SWAT Team Developer - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 12 or 16 (internship) month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-timestudies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM Canada Lab Advanced Studies (CAS) SWAT team works on tactical short-term research commercialization projects. The team must quickly embed in an IBM product development team, adapt to its environment, deliver rapid and highly focused technical contributions, and then exit with a seamless handoff. This cycle repeats for the entire period of the internship. Individual projects are supported by development team technical experts, and most will proceed directly in development team code bases.
- Design/implement solutions/projects based on emerging technologies and research results.
- Fully engage as part of a well-organized, flexible and highly integrated team, with an emphasis on continuous, just-in-time learning of the latest technologies and solutions.
- Build relationships with development staff based on mutual respect, technical competence and delivery excellence.
- Be mentored by a variety of IBM senior technical experts across a breadth of products and technologies, and build your network for future career opportunities.
- Build your knowledge of the latest technologies while contributing to innovation in IBM products, working directly with the teams developing them.
- Work to engineer innovation into products, learn and employ design thinking practices, and have occasional contact with IBM clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Ability to quickly understand and adapt to existing code bases
- Familiarity with object-oriented modeling (UML) and architectural-level discussions
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.