SWAT Design - Coop (Ottawa, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Ottawa, ON and is a 4 or 8 (coop) month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM Canada Lab Centre for Advanced Studies (CAS) SWAT team works on tactical curriculum development and research commercialization projects, supported by development team technical experts, designers, developers and product managers. Work may proceed directly in product team code bases, and/or be shared with faculty, students and IBM clients.
- Fully engage as part of a well-organized, flexible and highly integrated team, with an emphasis on continuous, just-in-time learning of the latest technologies and solutions.
- Work closely with Content Technical Analysts to design compelling tutorials, workshops, assignments and sample projects featuring the latest IBM analytics, blockchain, cloud and data science technologies, including AI/ML.
- Apply user research, design thinking, jobs-to-be-done theory and related service design methodologies with diverse stakeholders to create meaningful experiences of discovery, triumph and enrichment with IBM technology.
- Develop fluency in IBM Enterprise Design Thinking and work with gifted co-facilitators to deliver workshops for researchers, students and clients.
- Demonstrate a clear pride of ownership by communicating design strategies that achieve desired outcomes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge and experience with interactive design domain
- Exceptional verbal, visual and written communication skills to articulate UX logic and reasoning across disciplines
- Ability to collaborate with a team of designers and work well with cross- functional teams
- Portfolio (School OK) with work samples and stories
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Familiarity with the interactive design process
- Appreciation of the user's experience when interacting with software
- Experience with research methodologies, creating personas, user scenario flows, usability testing, task analysis and information architecture
- Participation in campus societies or groups
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree