Summit Solution Sales Intern (4 months), GTA
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in Markham / Toronto, Ontario and is a 4-month work term commencing May 2021. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented undergraduate level candidates to fill a consultative, client-focused role.
At IBM, we’re driven by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they imagine.
This is a Summer 2021 position. Applicants should be 3rd year students pursuing a bachelor’s degree. Intern positions are located in the following cities (please specify your preference when applying):
Our Clients are game changers; join a company where you can do your best work.
As a Summit Trainee, you will be guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential.
You will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust and credibility;
- Help clients, of all sizes and markets, grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM’s proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions;
- Leverage industry expertise, technology solution knowledge, and consultative sales techniques to influence client decisions, bring value, and meet business immediate and long-term requirements;
- Engage client decision makers to drive alignment and consensus on IBM solutions via social, phone or in person interactions;
- Identify potential new buyers and solution opportunities within the client organizations using IBM tools and other social business resources;
- Collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, operating management, financial, and other support resources to deliver outstanding client engagements;
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to maintain and grow current clients and generate new business opportunities;
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, creating, and delivering client value propositions; Share insights that build and promote the IBM brand using social media;
- Continuously maintain and grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, industry applications, and technical solutions, leveraging expertise to demonstrate IBM’s thought leadership during client engagements.
This position requires a challenger mentality; a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work with any of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Cognitive Solutions, Digital, Global Finance, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Social, Systems Hardware/Software, or Watson Customer Engagement.
Be a Challenger. Step Up, Get Ready and Jump Into the Ring!
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program please visit:
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Team collaboration and leadership;
- Utilization of information technology knowledge for strategic business value;
- Experience leveraging business acumen for long-lasting client relationships and results;
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives;
- Professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction; and
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Prior work experience in client sales or service preferred.
- English: Fluent
About Business Unit
IBM has a global presence, operating in more than 175 countries with a broad-based geographic distribution of revenue. The company’s Global Markets organization is a strategic sales business unit that manages IBM’s global footprint, working closely with dedicated country-based operating units to serve clients locally. These country teams have client relationship managers who lead integrated teams of consultants, solution specialists and delivery professionals to enable clients’ growth and innovation. By complementing local expertise with global experience and digital capabilities, IBM builds deep and broad-based client relationships. This local management focus fosters speed in supporting clients, addressing new markets and making investments in emerging opportunities. Additionally, the Global Markets organization serves clients with expertise in their industry as well as through the products and services that IBM and partners supply. IBM is also expanding its reach to new and existing clients through digital marketplaces.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.