Summit Sales Intern (Summer 2019) Coop (Multiple locations in Canada)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in multiple locations and is a 4-month work term commencing May 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The IBM North America Global Markets team is seeking highly talented undergraduate level candidates to fill a consultative, client-focused role.
At IBM, we're driven by more than just selling solutions. We want our clients to succeed. Our clients have the future in mind and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM's sales team, you will work with clients as they transform organizations and entire industries. As an IBMer, you will have access to the entire organization to develop creative ideas that help clients build the world they imagine.
This is a summer 2019 position. Applicants should be 3rd year students pursuing a bachelor's degree. Intern positions are located in the following cities (please specify your preference when applying):
- Markham, ON
- Ottawa, ON
- Montreal, QC
- Vancouver, BC
- Calgary, AB
- Edmonton, AB
- Winnipeg, MB
Our Clients are game changers; join a company where you can do your best work.
As a Summit Trainee, you will be guided by IBM's purpose – To Be Essential.
You will actively:
- Engage clients to develop trust and credibility;
- Help clients, of all sizes and markets, grow their businesses by solving strategic and tactical business problems with IBM's proven cognitive and cloud technology solutions;
- Leverage industry expertise, technology solution knowledge, and consultative sales techniques to influence client decisions, bring value, and meet business immediate and long-term requirements;
- Engage client decision makers to drive alignment and consensus on IBM solutions via social, phone or in person interactions;
- Identify potential new buyers and solution opportunities within the client organizations using IBM tools and other social business resources;
- Collaborate with IBM sales, technical, executive, operating management, financial, and other support resources to deliver outstanding client engagements;
- Develop and execute long-term consultative sales strategies to maintain and grow current clients and generate new business opportunities;
- Negotiate and close deals by understanding, creating, and delivering client value propositions; Share insights that build and promote the IBM brand using social media;
- Continuously maintain and grow skills and knowledge in consultative sales, industry applications, and technical solutions, leveraging expertise to demonstrate IBM's thought leadership during client engagements.
This position requires a challenger mentality; a real passion for client success, sales achievement, and daily collaboration with clients and other IBM teammates. You may work with any of the following business units: Analytics, Cloud, Cognitive Solutions, Digital, Global Finance, Internet of Things, Security, Services, Social, Systems Hardware/Software, or Watson Customer Engagement.
Be a Challenger. Step Up, Get Ready and Jump Into the Ring!
If you would like additional information about the Summit Program please visit: http://www-03.ibm.com/employment/summit/.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- This role may be for you if you show a demonstrated track record of accomplishment in:
- Team collaboration and leadership;
- Utilization of information technology knowledge for strategic business value;
- Experience leveraging business acumen for long-lasting client relationships and results;
- Motivation to accomplish sales and business objectives;
- Professional verbal and written communication skills;
- Empathy and skills to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction; and
- Aptitude to learn and use innovative selling technologies (e.g., analytics, social media) to network, engage clients, identify new business opportunities, and translate business requirements into technology solutions.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Prior work experience in client sales or service preferred.
- English: Fluent
- Both English and French Fluent in Québec
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.