Summit Program Intern (Calgary, AB)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
The following student position is a part of IBM Canada's EPIC (Employment Pathways to Interns & Co-ops) Student Program. This position is only open to students registered in a Canadian University or College program, who have completed a minimum of 2 years of their degree or diploma program, and who must be returning to full-time study upon the completion of the temporary IBM work term.
*This Student Position is a 4-month work term commencing September 2019, is located in Calgary, Alberta.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging and rewarding
- A business causal dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to Future Blue - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
- It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
The following job responsibilities for Summit Intern include:
The Summit Intern Program is a structured 14-week program, designed to challenge you while you take the first steps in building your career. You will be exposed to a variety of individual and collaborative projects that will allow you to work with IBMers from all across the country. When you're not working alongside client executives and managers in ongoing sales initiatives, you will be rolling up your sleeves with your peers and developing solutions to assist in new client acquisition across various IBM solution areas and industries. You will also be expected to mine your way through data to analyze the marketplace and provide in-depth recommendations and a path for next steps. All in all, you will have the opportunity to develop your business skills in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment with a diverse group of people.
If you think you can take on this challenge, you must first ask yourself the following questions:
- Am I someone who is driven in challenging situations?
- Am I willing to let the team win instead of being MVP?
- Do I have strong analytical skills and am comfortable with developing recommendations?
- Do I take initiative in ambiguous situations and learn quickly?
- Am I an out-of-the-box thinker, who is creative and enthusiastic in my approach to problem solving?
- Do I communicate effectively and get along well with others?
- Do I make the most effective and insightful PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets my professors have ever seen?
- If you answered yes to the questions above, then we want you!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Completed High School Diploma, currently enrolled in Canadian University (minimum of 2 years completed)
- Approachable, engaging and driven
- Leadership and teamwork experience
- Ability to analyze and develop creative and innovative approaches
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven business acumen
- Confidence to communicate and interact with professionals of all executive levels
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Relevant business experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.