Software Tester - Internship (Toronto, ON)
Software Tester - Internship (Toronto, ON)
Your Role and Responsibilities
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Toronto, Ontario and is a 12 (internship) month work term commencing September 2019. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
IBM Incentive Compensation Management (ICM) software is the leader in the Sales Performance Management market. This billion-dollar market continues to grow yearly and is expected to reach $1.4 billion by 2022. Work with us, learn what it takes to be the leader in a competitive global software industry! ICM enables organizations to design, manage, and automate the calculation of variable payment for dozens of plans and thousands of employees simultaneously. From a technical point of view, ICM is a single-page web application that utilizes REST APIs. The REST API is backed by databases and a distributed compute engine.
Our office building has direct underground access to the Sheppard-Yonge subway station and has easy access to Highway 401 making it appeal to commuters from all over the GTA.
As a Software Tester you will be a key member of our development team, working alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. Our product testing involves a mix of manual and automated testing. A successful candidate will be passionate about quality and expected to balance all aspects of testing, including planning, execution, reporting and automated testing.
In this role, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform all aspects of verification, including functional, non-functional and performance testing
- Be active throughout the product lifecycle by providing feedback on bug fixes and enhancements
- Integrate automated test suites into our continuous integration framework
- Troubleshoot test environments, analyze problems and determine best course of action
- Ensure a great customer experience
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Passionate about Quality
- Curious and a lifelong learner
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a driven environment
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Working towards degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in using Python, Shell, and batch scripting
- Good knowledge of web service technologies (REST)
- Good understanding of relational databases and able to write SQL queries
- Previous experience with automation testing tools and frameworks, such as JUnit, Jenkins is helpful
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.