Software Test Specialist - Internship (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship)month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking innovative students looking for an exciting and high paced environment to develop the next-generation of IBM PureApplication that is focused on cloud computing systems, services and technologies. Our ideal candidates must have demonstrated technical and problem solving skills, a passion for technology and software, teaming skills, and must be able to work in a driven environment and exhibit creative thinking and collaboration, and communicate effectively. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Demonstrates verbal and written communications skills
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Functional Test / System Test execution
- Test scenario creation
- Software test verification
- Software and hardware debugging
- Test automation
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
- Test planning and tracking
- Usability/serviceability concepts
- Software development or support
- Agile development process
- Shell scripting
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Rational Team Concert Eclipse
- REST API’s
- Travis CI
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.