Software Quality Engineer
Businesses are generating enormous amounts of data. Analytics are the brains that turn all that raw data into actionable information. Cognos Analytics offers smart, self-service capabilities so clients can identify and act on this information. We pride ourselves in using emerging technologies to provide beautiful interactive visualizations, as well as cognitive and contextual computing to empower our business users.
Role & Responsibilities
- Be relentless on quality
- Design, develop and debug automated tests for Business Analytics products
- Create, implement and deploy tools to measure quality (code coverage, performance metrics)
- Develop software using an agile continuous delivery development process and related tooling
- Find bugs and open clear and reproducible bug reports
- Track bug fixes and drive their deliveries to production
- Document and maintain resources for testing
- Maintain and promote a culture of high-quality code
You will be part of a strong, modern team culture driven to create the best in class analytic products, delivering an industry leading user experience for our customers. You will be valued for your contributions in a rapidly growing organization with dynamic opportunities. Each day, you will attend daily team scrums and project meetings to make important contributions in the development and architecture of testing to continue building and optimizing our products across the business analytics portfolio.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria) on a work permit you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with test frameworks such as tap, selenium, jest, intern
- Passion for keeping up-to-date with the latest web and test technologies and standards
- Experience handling data using XHR, JSON and Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs
- Experience and knowledge of the nuances required in testing cross-browser web applications
- Experience with monitoring and logging (New Relic)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- GitHub experience is an asset
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration platforms (Jenkins, TeamCity, Travis CI)
- NoSQL databases, key-stores and other data-structure solutions (MongoDB, Redis)
- Defect tracking and management (Rational Team Concert, GitHub Issues, ZenHub)
- Exposure to virtualization and container orchestration (Xen, Docker, Kubernetes)
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.