The newly formed IBM Watson Health business unit is now looking for talented individuals destined to usher in the next era of healthcare. We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. The convergence of data and technology is transforming healthcare and life sciences organizations in every way. New roles are being created that never existed before to meet the demands of this transformation.
Watson Health Imaging is looking for a positive and energetic Senior Software Engineer to perform activities related to the Eyecare PACS product development. This product offering is deployed at large scale ophthalmic centers across the USA, Asia and Europe.
As a Software Engineer, you will perform product development under minimal supervision and will develop specifications and designs to improve, enhance and resolve problems with the Eyecare suite of products and code and implement those designs
What you'll do:
- Perform software module requirements definition, design, and test design;
- Prepare module specifications, designs and test descriptions;
- Implement software modules and tests and conduct appropriate testing;
- Detect, report, investigate, and fix product defects;
- Participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc.);
- Prepare technical reports as required;
- Provide input into the design and development of software modules;
- Provide input into system-level design and development;
- Under direction, prepare updates to system specifications, designs, test descriptions, hazard analysis, validation test procedures, and related documentation supporting software development to known standards;
Who you are:
- Have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of healthcare domain and concepts
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Undergraduate degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent discipline or equivalent level of industry related experience
- 3+ years related experience in software development
- Working experience with Object Programming and Design techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Working experience with web services
- Working experience with databases, including SQL Server and replication
- Familiarity with virtual environments (VMware preferred)
- Familiarity with Rational Rose or other UML modeling tools
- Knowledge and experience in DICOM and HL7
- Knowledge and experience in healthcare particularly Ophthalmic
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.