Software Engineer - Coop (Markham, ON)
Are you passionate about Machine Learning? Do you love building and exploring new things? Do you want to be a part of a team that is leading the industry in Big Data Analytics and Data Science? If you answered YES to all the above, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
IBM Data Analytics is currently looking for students who have a passion for machine learning, data science and statistical analysis to join its teams. Interested students should be self-motivated and independent thinkers who are willing to take the initiative, possess strong communication skills and are good team players.
Come join us here, at IBM Data Analytics, where you could make a real difference in the future of data science and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM’s large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
*This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 4 (co-op) month work term commencing May 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online atwww.ibm.com/jobs .
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are seeking innovative students looking for a 4 month of challenge in an exciting and high paced environment. You will contribute to the design, implementation, and test, development of new features and functions. Candidates should be highly motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work under minimal guidance with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Your collaboration and communication skills will be fundamental to the overall team success of the projects you work on.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Proven programming skills (C/C++ & Python specifically)
- Experience in Relational Databases / SQL
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with common Machine Learning frameworks such as Scikit-Learn, TensorFlow, SparkML, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Spark Mlib is a plus.
- Research Experience
- Experience with version control system like Git
- Experience with IBM Data Science Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.