We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and Analytics are transforming industries, society, and even the workplace–by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social, and mobile. Cognitive computing is creating new customer experiences, reinventing operations and transforming industries by creating systems that can understand, reason and learn. As the largest technology employer in the world, IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to continue your career.
We’re looking for candidates to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists and business professionals.
The ideal candidate must have strong technical skills and a passion for software development with 2 years of relevant work experience. They must collaborate in a high energy environment and exhibit creative thinking. Having the ability to turn ideas into reality, communicate effectively, and work closely with others in teams around the world is essential. You'll use the latest tools and technologies available to deliver state-of-the-art software components.
- Take part in the software development life cycle by analyzing, designing, and implementing features for enterprise software
- Learning and contributing to products on a variety of cloud architectures
- Drive innovation using the latest web technologies and frameworks: React, Flux/Redux, EMCAScript 6 and Webpack
- Develop for performance and scalability to meet increasing complexity and data needs
- Use your own professional experience to solve complex problems with creative solutions
Location: Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue. Teams are based at strategic IBM Lab locations and presence on site is required.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Proven problem solving skills
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience in working on large scale development projects
- Work experience in the Financial industry
- Exposure to machine learning, numerical analysis or econometrics
- Web or mobile application development experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.