As a member of the QRadar Software Development Team, you will be responsible for maintaining and extending the capabilities of IBM's flagship network security management solution, QRadar.
Top responsibilities of this role include:
- write clean, maintainable, and testable code.
- perform regular maintainance and refactoring of existing code.
- trouble shoot and diagnose software problems, and provide solutions.
- turn product requirements into concrete design specifications (e.g. UML/interaction diagrams, wireframes, etc)
- collaborate with the Customer Support team to assist in troubleshooting field issues.
- work with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by embargo Export Regulations. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following embargoed countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- English Fluent (Verbal and Written)
- At least 5 years experience in applying knowledge of Software Development practices.
- At least 5 year experience in delivering highly-polished web-based solutions
- 2 years experience working with Agile Development Cycle
- 2 years developing commercial software using Java, Python, SQL
- 2 years experience working with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- 2 years experience working with unit and integration testing
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience:
- Knowledge of languages and runtimes common in cloud and clustered environments, such as Golang, Node, Scala, Docker, Kubernetes.
- SDN (e.g. Flannel, Calico, Weave),
- Persistence technologies like distributed file systems (HDFS, GlusterFS, etc.), and Kafka as a special case.
- Familiar with different types of data stores like clustered RDBMS, key-value stores, no-sql and graph databases, big table designs (Cassandra, Accumulo, Hbase), etc.
Legal Work Status
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.