Software Developer, Watson Data & AI Co-op (Markham, ON)
Change the world at IBM.
There aren't many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, ON and is a 4-month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
- Work directly on product and services that affect our clients, while having access to cutting edge software technology
- Work on projects which are challenging, innovative and rewarding
- A business casual dress code and flexible work hours, to ensure work-life balance
- Access to the Future Blue Community - IBM's large student community that provides networking opportunities, sporting and social events.
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The successful candidate will be part of a team of software developers responsible for all development, test automation and operations for our Watson Data and AI services on IBM's Cloud Platform. With direction from more senior team members, this person will be exposed to the design, implementation, integration, and unit test portions of maintaining existing and developing new features and automated tests for the Watson Knowledge Catalog offering. They'll be able to refine their skills and develop technical knowledge on the fly, in order to complete project requirements. They'll be expected to write and debug code, automated tests, verify fixes, make technical decision, and contribute their technical expertise to the goals of their team.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Experience with SaaS/ Cloud Development
- Experience with Java, REST, Junit, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudant
- Ability to quick understand and adapt to existing code bases
- Familiarity with Agile software methodologies
- Proven problem-solving skills
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
- Experience with Cloud technologies including IBM Softlayer, IBM Cloud Platform
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.